Friday, June 26, 2015

Author Interview: Stephanie Greenhalgh

Today, we'll be getting to know Stephanie a little better. She currently has one novel with WMP and features in an anthology.

~


1. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

As a reader, I used to be very genre centered, always reading the same authors over and over. However once I started writing, I expanded my horizons. Now, I like to read as many different authors as possible. BUT if I had to choose one, it would have to be J.K. Rowling. I admire her on a multitude of levels, not just as a writer, but also as a human being.

2. What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Getting people to read it is the hardest part! As for the writing process, the editing is hardest for me. I much prefer the chaos of the creative versus the finite of perfecting. But it’s all moot when life is hectic. Sometimes, just finding the time to sit and write is the hugest obstacle.

3. If you were not a writer what else would you like to have done?

Currently, teaching elementary school affords me the luxuries of life (food, shelter, things) at the moment, and I truly enjoy that aspect of my life. However, I can also run a restaurant (host, wait, bartend, manage), and I was pretty darn good at it.

4. What are you writing at the moment?

Nothing new. I’m editing the Ruby Hood sequel, “The Twistedly True Guardian Tale”, at the moment. I have several plot bunnies lurking in the corners of my mind, and hope to find some time to devote to them soon.

5. What are you reading?

“American Sniper” by Chris Kyle, “Midnight Raven” by Becca Boucher and “The Girl who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest” by Stieg Larson

6. How do you get past writers block?

Oddly enough, vacuuming does it every time...and I HATE to vacuum...the conundrum that is life. Running, yoga, walking my dogs, wine or writing (anything...an email, blog, note to a friend) also help me find my way back to the creative.

7. What is your writing environment like?

I commandeered one of the extra rooms in the house then made it as peaceful and inspiring as I could. My writing room is littered it with pictures, books, knick knacks and plants, while sunlight streams through the shutters. A killer playlist and my scensy pot add the perfect finishing touches. It’s my very own little rabbit hole.


~

Thank you so much for reading! If you haven’t had a chance to read my first book, The Twistedly True Tale of Ruby Hood, it’s only $.99 on Amazon! You can also find me in a variety of places:

http://www.stephaniegreenhalgh.com/

https://www.facebook.com/stephaniegreenhalghauthor

http://www.stephaniegreenhalgh.blogspot.com/

~

Enjoy your summer. Happy Reading (whatever it may be)!

~Stephanie Greenhalgh

No comments:

Post a Comment