Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Writer Wednesday

Writer Wednesday

Excerpt from: 

Destined Oracle (The Destined Oracle Series) (Vol. 1)
By: J.G. Martinez

“I want to give you something.”
“Alright,” I barely whispered.
I examined his hand while he slowly opened his fist, revealing a stunning blue, tear-shaped stone on a beautifully crafted gold chain with wings molded in gold for the clasp. My eyes widened as I looked into his. He watched my expression as if he were memorizing it. So many thoughts and feelings ran through me; I could barely grasp any one of them to make since of the moment.
He held the beautiful stone and chain up with one hand. “May I?” he asked and I nodded, turning around to allow him to put the necklace on me. He brushed my hair to the side, trailing his warm fingers across the delicate skin of my neck and clasped the necklace closed. His fingers brushed a little harder over my neck tenderly, giving me goose bumps. I turned around looking at the wonderful gift he had given me. I looked back to his radiating blue eyes as he gazed into mine with such longing and desire that the goose bumps spread from my forearms to my neck and down to my toes. The moment seemed to stretch on forever, but still not long enough for me. I couldn’t help but stare into his eyes; they were so beautiful and he was absolutely breathtaking.
“Thank you, Michael. It’s beautiful,” I croaked. Embarrassment for my rough sounding voice brought more heat to my cheeks.
“You really like it?” he asked.
“Yes, of course I do. It’s magnificent.”
“Can I show you something now?”
“You give me an amazing gift and now you want to show me something more?” I asked, surprised.
“Yes, I want you to really see me.”
“I do really see you,” I whispered, wanting to touch his cheek.
“Not this way. I mean in my Angel form,” Michael replied, awaiting my answer.
“Oh,” I gasped and paused to let my brain catch back up. “I would love for you to show me, but you don’t have to.”
He looked at me, confused, “But I really want to.”
“Okay, then,” I stuttered.
He stepped a few feet back from me, took his tux jacket off and held it out to me. “Will you hold this for me?”
“Yes,” I said, taking the jacket.
He continued to remove his tie and then his tux shirt, handing them to me, too. I couldn’t breathe; he was perfect with his handsome silhouette torso and muscles. My eyes felt wet, but I held my breath a little longer to try and hold back the tears, feeling silly.
He took in a deep breath and closed his eyes. Just as he began to open his eyes, a loud ruffling noise sounded from behind him followed by a sudden gust of swirling wind. A brilliant glowing light emanated from all around him. He was glorious. His brilliant wings stretched five feet on each side of him. I couldn’t take my eyes off of him. I had never seen such beauty.

***

pp. 84-85, Destined Oracle (The Destined Oracle Series) (Vol. 1), by: J.G. Martinez. Join us this Friday, Saturday and Sunday, May 3-5, 2013, on the Stephanie Meyer Facebook fan page, as this book will be featured on Author's Corner! Lots of fun, contest, prizes and giveaways! See you there! 







No comments:

Post a Comment