Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Writer Wednesday-Author K.J. Dahlen


Writer Wednesday

Author Interview 

with

K.J. Dahlen


      What is the title of your book and who is the publisher?  Blood Memories, Rogue Phoenix Press; and Cards of Sin, by Solstice were just released. I have another book waiting to be released, Phoenix Rising by Xchyler Publishing.
·        
      Please tell us a little bit about your book.   Blood Memories: When the police tell her her aunt’s accident isn’t an accident but a murder, Savannah has to face her past in order to solve a mystery and find out who murdered her parents 20 years earlier. When they discover a tie to a very organized smuggling ring not only here but in Europe as well, Savannah realizes the stakes are higher than she realized.
·         
      How did you come up with your book idea?  I wanted to do something I hadn’t tried before. I got the idea of setting the book in Seattle because my brother-in-law lives out there.
·         
      What are your publishing credits? I have 18 books in print at the moment with five different publishers, with two more coming in the near future. My first book came out in December 2008.
·         
      What are your plans for the future?  To keep doing what I truly love, writing.
·        
            What is your day job?  I’m a stay at home wife, mother, grandmother, and a writer. That’s enough.
·         
      What is your preferred genre to write? I like to write suspense. I enjoy putting my characters in tense situations and then letting them find a way out.
·         
      How did you become a writer? I got sick of reading the same kinds of books over and over. When I can know the ending half way through the book, it’s no fun to read anymore. I wanted to try and be a different kind of writer and I think I’m doing a pretty good job.
·         
      Are you a planner, complete with detailed outlines, or do you fly by the seat of your pants when writing?  I usually start out with an outline, but somewhere along the way the characters take over and they throw the outline out the window.
·         
      What is the best writing advice that you have ever been given? Don’t give up! Keep going and let your imagination take you where it will. I forget who told me that, but I never forgot it.
·         
      What advice would you give a new writer? Stay with it, even if you think you can’t finish it, finish it. Then go back and look at what you wrote. Read it over and over and over again until you think it’s done.
·         
      What other projects do you have in the works at the moment?  I have about three dozen outlines and ten books almost finished. I get ideas all the time and write them out.  I’m working on a vampire novel at the moment. I’ve never done one, but the outline is outstanding. I also hope to get my books in audio at some point
·         
      What surprises can we expect from you in the future?  Many, many more books, I hope. I have so many ideas, but I’d like to start a series and have many books in the series.
·         
      If you could journey into any of your books, interacting with the characters, which would it be and why?  I slip into all of my books at some point. My favorite book is Bones but I like them all. I think Bones will hold a special place in my heart because it was my first book in print.
·         
      What public appearances do you have planned in the future?  I hope to have a few more book signings in the future. I love meeting the people who read my books.
·         
      Is there anything else you’d like to share with your fans? Keep reading. You would be surprised at how many people have told me that they don’t read. That’s so sad. A book can take you anywhere in the world you want to go; it’s like having a new adventure every time you open the cover.

On behalf of Write More Publications, thank you! 

K.J. Dahlen's books are available in both e-book and paperback. Please pick up a copy of her book Cards of Sin, Blood Memories and many others now available at Amazon.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment