Thursday, October 11, 2012

Writer Wednesday Author Interview

Writer Wednesday

Author Interview 
with 
Simone Frances Reed

·         What is the title of your book? Simone Frances Reed’s Poetry in Motion

·         Please tell us a little bit about your book.  It is simply a book of poems I have written based on my own or other’s emotions.

·         How did you come up with your book idea?  I was approached by Theresa about putting together a book. Together we came up with the idea for the name because for me poetry is always in motion in my head, and I love the expression.

·         What are your publishing credits? I was homeschooled and our local parent support group had a paper, The Homeschool Herald. I was advertising manager and feature writer. I wrote some stories. That was my first time published. This book will be my first time with only my work. I’m looking forward to the experience.

·         What are your plans for the future? I would love to have my other stories published. I love writing, it helps keep my overactive imagination in check.

·         What is your day job? Writing.

·         What is your preferred genre to write? I enjoy writing poetry because it is cathartic, but I love writing romance, as well. I always have scenes going in my head of peoples stories. Being able to put it down on paper makes them all the more real to me. They become like my friends.

·         How did you become a writer? I have always been writing for as long as I can remember.

·         Are you a planner, complete with detailed outlines, or do you fly by the seat of your pants when writing? I fly by the seat of my pants. I just find a song that clicks, put it on repeat and then let the story unfold. I know some things that are going to happen, but until it’s written down I have no way of knowing how it is really going to play out.

·         What is the best writing advice that you have ever been given? My mother is always telling me to just write. Writing is like nourishment for my soul and that as long as I’m writing; even in a journal, then I will be okay. Because this is my talent and she knows this will be what helps make me into the person she knows I am destined to be.

·         What advice would you give a new writer? Just write what you feel. Don’t worry about making it perfect. That’s what editing is for. Just let it flow and worry about the polish later.

·         What other projects do you have in the works at the moment? I have a romance and a supernatural suspense/romance that I am working on at the moment.

·         What surprises can we expect from you in the future?  Oh I have no idea, seeing as I surprise myself on a daily basis. If I knew what to tell you then it wouldn’t be a surprise.

·         If you could journey into any of your books, interacting with the characters, which would it be and why? Oh, I would love to be a part of my supernatural book, just to be able to watch all the magic unfold.

·         What public appearances do you have planned in the future? I’ll let you know when I know.

·         Is there anything else you’d like o share with your fans?  Thank you for liking my work. I hope that my words help inspire, heal or bring you closure as they have me.

On behalf of Write More Publications, thank you! 


Simone Frances Reed's Poetry in Motion is coming soon from Write More Publications. Please also check out her poetry page "Reed My Heart's Short Story Page. 

1 comment: