Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Writer Wednesday: Author Interview


                         Writer Wednesday

Author Interview With Rebecca Boucher



·    What is the title of your book?
Hunting the Moon

·    Please tell us a little bit about your book.
My book centers around Lilly, a young widow who has started a relationship with the brother of the man convicted of her husband’s murder. As you can imagine they face a lot of criticism for that. In the           meantime, they are also dealing with her husband’s ghost, and a few other interesting complications.

·    How did you come up with the idea for your book?
I had a vision of a young woman in a field, either hiding from or looking for someone. I also had a vision of the ancient cemetery featured in the book from stories my dad had told me. It just kind of came to me one night.

·    What are your publishing credits?
So far, this will be my first book. I do have a blog, “My Life With Boys and Books,” where I review books and talk a little about my life raising my two boys. I have had guest post on another blog, and have had two online articles published.

·    What are your plans for the future?
To keep writing and being a mom.

·    What is your day job?
I am a mom to two wonderful boys, one of which is on the autism spectrum. They keep me very busy. I do a lot of volunteer work with 4H and in the past Boy Scouts. I also do some substitute teaching.

·    What is your preferred genre to write?
I prefer the  paranormal and dystopian genres. (With a little romance thrown in.) You really get to create your own worlds when you write in them.

·    How did you become a writer?
I can’t remember not writing. It’s just something I have always done. From journaling, to writing stories and poems. I have notebooks filled with rambling thoughts. 

·    Are you a planner, complete with detailed outlines, or do you fly by the seat of your pants when writing?
I think a little of both. I plan in the sense that I outline the basic idea of the book. I jot down character traits and where I want to go. But when it comes to writing the actual story I just sit and flow with what’s in my head.

·    What is the best writing advice that you have ever been given?
To write what you know. Write from the heart.

·    What advice would you give a new writer?
Network, connect, but make time to read different authors and learn all you can.  Blogging was a great outlet for me to meet other authors and hone my writing skills. And really learn about the world of indie publishing.

·    What other projects do you have in the works at the moment?
I have two books in the works right now. One is a companion to Hunting the Moon called Midnight Raven. I am giving one of the secondary characters her own story. She is so complicated I wanted to explore her further. And then I have another one planned that is kind of a secret.

·    What surprises can we expect from you in the future?
I think that secret book will surprise people on how deep I can be.

·    If you could journey into any of your books, interacting with the characters, which would it be and why?
Hunting the Moon definitely. I spent so much time on it, I would love to hang out with Lilly and Daemon. They were fun, easy characters to write. And their world is really my world. A mix of my town and other small towns around me. And I would love to go visit Lilly’s house.

·    Is there anything else you’d like to share with your fans?
I just hope once the book comes out that I have fans. I want to thank them for letting my characters into their lives.

On behalf of Write More Publications, thank you, Rebecca!

Rebecca Boucher’s book Hunting the Moon is coming soon from Write More Publications. Please check out Rebecca's blog "My Life with Boys and Books" blog! 



***

If you would like to be featured in an author interview on Writer Wednesday for the Write More Publications blog, please send an e-mail to writemorepublications@gmail.com with "Author Interview" in the subject line.


No comments:

Post a Comment