Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Writer Wednesday: Author Interview With Callie Cool


 Writer Wednesday

Author Interview With Callie Cool


·         What is the title of your story?  My story is called, "My Guardian Angel.” This story is my first story to be published. I'm really happy to share it with you. It will come out November of this year in an Anthology by Write More Publications titled "Angels Among Us".

·         Please tell us a little bit about your story.  "My Guardian Angel" is about my Grandma Sherry who passed away August 8, 2007, a day before my eleventh birthday, and how she was my Guardian Angel.

·         How did you come up with your story idea? I really didn't come up with this story. After her death, I was REALLY depressed and after a while I thought that writing down how I felt and what happened, hoping it would make me feel better. And it did. When Theresa Oliver told me about this Angel Contest she was hosting, I knew that writing about my grandma would be the perfect story to send in since I knew that my grandma was an angel that was sent down from Heaven.

·         What are your plans for the future? My plans for the future are to publish more of my stories and to inspire people to follow their dreams, since that's what I'm doing, and to finish school and go to a great collage.

·         What is your day job?  My day job would be going to school, working on my short stories, going to Drama Club after school once a week, going to church every weekend, and spending time with my family. 

·         What is your preferred genre to write? Since I'm a young author, I'm still trying to figure out what genre to write. Right now I'm working on Young Adult Romance.

·         How did you become a writer? *Laughs* Oh gosh … let's just say that I was never a big fan of writing. I remember a couple years ago I would get really mad when my English teacher told my class to write an essay for homework. I HATED to write! And to be honest, Theresa Oliver and Bina Martinez encouraged me to start writing. Then I made a short story page to see if it could help me out with school. If I didn’t find their short story pages and sent them that e-mail asking them to help me out, then I wouldn’t be here today getting my story published.

·         Are you a planner, complete with detailed outlines, or do you fly by the seat of your pants when writing? When I’m writing I usually plan to see where I want to go with my story, then fly by the seat of my pants.

·         What is the best writing advice that you have ever been given? The best advice that I was given by authors is, “Don’t give up on the things that you love to do!”

·         What advice would you give a new writer?  If I could give a new writer some advice, I would tell he or she to have faith, and to write everyday if they can to become a better writer. I didn’t believe that I would ever become an author and a better writer, but I did. When ever I have free time from school and other things, I have my notebook and pen in my hand writing. So always remember that, “Practice makes perfect!”

·         What other projects do you have in the works at the moment? My other works I have at the moment is school and babysitting.

·         What surprises can we expect from you in the future? I hope to become a famous author like Stephanie Meyer and Suzan Collins in the future.

·         If you could journey into any of your books, interacting with the characters, which would it be and why? If I could journey into any of my stories, and interact with one of my characters, I would probably want to interact with Myra from my story, Country Girl with a City Heart. I’m not going to say why I want to interact with her, because I’m not finished with the story and I don’t want to ruin any surprises, especially for the people who haven’t read the story yet! *Grins*

·         What public appearances do you have planned in the future? I’m hoping to do many book signings in the future!

·         Is there anything else you’d like to share with your fans? I’m 16 years old and I’m a sophomore in high school. I have a twin brother named Cory who is 26 minutes younger then me. Uuumm …I love to act! I’m also a HUGE fan of Taylor Lautner!! I have two rotten pets. A dog that is a Beagle/Boston Terrier mix named Dixie Lou Lou and a cat named Kitty Kitty (Real name- Anastasia). So if you want to read more of my writing, then feel free to go like “Callie’s Short Stories” on FB! I think that is about it about me! Bye!

On behalf of Write More Publications, thank you!

Callie’s short story My Guardian Angel is set for release Nov. 1 in the angel anthology Angels Among Us. For more from Callie Cool, please isit her short story page, “Callie’s Short Stories” on Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment