Friday, August 3, 2012

"Fat Chances" by J.S. Wilsoncroft

“Just tell me who Cory is, then you can shut up again.”

“He’s the Zumba instructor. He’s tall, dark, and handsome. I’m telling you, Annie, he’s like one of those guys you envision when reading one of your Harlequin romance books,” she gushed. Molly wasn’t much of a reader like I was, but she read the Harlequin books only because they were smutty. Molly was a fan of smut. I shook my head and laughed. But this Cory being that good looking remained to be seen.

“Good evening, ladies,” I heard a male voice greet each woman as we stood in line at the gym waiting to get in. I sighed heavily, holding my towel and water bottle close to my stomach, hoping to conceal some of my fat. Why did I agree to come here? Oh yeah, because I’m that fricking stupid.

“Good evening, girls! I’m so glad to see you here, tonight!” The young male voice sang as we approached him. Molly giggled like an idiot as she pulled me close to her side. I hesitated to look up for a moment, but then I was curious to see what all the fuss was about with this guy. I looked up and a small gasp escaped my lips. And Molly was telling the truth. This guy was a character from a Harlequin book. He was tall, dark, and handsome, and did I mention HOT? I could feel the heat rush to my face as I stared at him. He had short dark brown hair that was feathered on the sides, and his bronze skin matched his chocolate brown eyes perfectly. Two dimples formed around his perfect mouth when he smiled. And did I mention his body? OMG! He was the god of muscles in his white tank top and black spandex shorts. His arms were a solid mass of muscles and perfect, not like some of those guys that walked around like they are holding basketballs under their armpits. Ewww, gross! No, Cory was built perfectly in every way.

Quickly, I bent my head down to stare at the floor. I was embarrassed, not because he was staring at me, but because I was fat and gross. I looked like a tubby tooby girl standing next to this perfect, handsome guy.

“Ahhh … who is this?” he asked Molly. My head snapped up when I realized that he was asking about me.

“Cory, this is my sister Annie,” she replied, tugging at my arm, pulling me closer toward the two of them. The smell of clean soap tickled my nose as I stood before him.

“Annie! That’s a beautiful name. I’m so glad you’ve come to join us tonight. I’d really like it if you and your sister could join me up front.” Then he smiled and winked before turning to the young lady standing behind me.

“Oh, my God, he wants us to be up front!” Molly gushed, then grabbed my wrist and pulled me through another door. Great!

pp. 13-15, "Fat Chances" by J.S. Wilsoncroft. Now available on Amazon, Amazon.co.uk, Barnes and Noble online, and Smashwords! Here's the Amazon link! Get your copy today! Available in paperback and e-book! 


No comments:

Post a Comment