Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Unfaithful Widow

Join us on Facebook Aug. 1 for the re-release! 



“Well it was nice meeting you,” he said as he opened the taxi door for us to climb in. Dawn and I both hurried and crawled into the backseat. As Dawn was giving the taxi driver directions to the hotel, Greg motioned for me to roll down the window. Regretting it, I slowly rolled down the window.

“What?” I asked coldly. It didn’t seem to bother him. If anything, he seemed amused that I was irritated by him. What the hell?“Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point,” Greg said, speaking in fluid French before walking away. I grudgingly rolled up the window, then turned to Dawn.“What the hell did he just say?” I snapped. This guy was really starting to get under my skin with his foreign words. He knew that I didn’t speak French and yet he chose to say these little things to me to tick me off. Dawn’s face was placid as she repeated in English what Greg said.“The heart has its reasons, which reason knows nothing of,” Dawn spoke the words slowly and softly. She, too, was smitten by his words. “Oh no, not you too. Please don’t tell me that he’s drawing you in with his French love phrases, too?” I growled.


pp. 50-51, "The Unfaithful Widow" by J.S. Wilsoncroft, set for release Aug 1, 6:30-8 p.m! Contests and giveaways! Let's party! 

http://www.facebook.com/events/425724537466793/




No comments:

Post a Comment