Thursday, July 26, 2012


"The Unfaithful Widow" by: J.S. Wilsoncroft

“Bastard!” I screamed, pounding my fists on the floor until they became sore. “I hope you rot in Hell!” 


“Tess, sweetie, are you okay?” Dawn spoke softly from the other side of the door. I glanced up to see two matching white bathrobes hanging on the door. Each robe had red lettering embroidered on the front. One read “Aaron” and the other read “Darren.” I slowly got to my feet, never taking my eyes off the robes. I carefully grabbed Darren’s robe off the hook, sniffing for his scent, but all I could smell was fabric softener. “Yeah,” I sniffled. “Just give me a few more minutes.” I stared at his embroidered name for a few minutes then glanced around the bathroom. I opened the medicine cabinet and found two tubes of toothpaste, one minty flavored (Darren’s favorite flavor) and the other was cinnamon flavored. A bottle of Darren’s cologne was sitting on the shelf, as well. I slammed the cabinet door shut and continued searching the drawers, but I couldn’t find what I was looking for. I quickly wiped my tears away with the sleeve of the robe and continued frantically searching through the bathroom. I pulled open the bottom drawer of the vanity and there they were; a large pair of scissors. Slowly and carefully I grabbed the large silver scissors and noticed my reflection as I stared into its huge blades. My knuckles ached as I held them tightly in my hand. Fresh tears trickled down my cheeks as I glanced back and forth between the scissors and Darren’s robe. 

“Ahhh!” I screamed as I violently tore into the robe with the scissors, cutting and slashing into the white cotton. Pieces of white fabric were flying all around me as the rage inside me grew more intense. Each cut that I made felt like a tear in my heart. My heart was damaged beyond repair, just like the robe. After shredding the robe, I collapsed on the floor again, sobbing uncontrollably. 


PP. 30-31, "The Unfaithful Widow," by J.S. Wilsoncroft. Join us for the re-release Aug 1, 6:30-8 p.m., online! Contests, giveaways, and lots of fun! 




No comments:

Post a Comment