Thursday, July 19, 2012


"Star, Starland Vamp Series, Book 1"
By: Theresa Oliver

"Shush," Zac replied, "Let's not talk about it tonight. Let's just enjoy being together while we still can." Then he took my head into his hands ever so delicately, and kissed me softly, sweetly, as passion and love like I've never felt before enveloped us both. 

Then I heard hard, purposeful footsteps, drawing near, outside the car. 

I sat up just in time to see a figure walking toward us, across the parking lot, in the darkness of the night. 

It was a vamp. 
"Go, Zac, go!" I yelled into his ear, as I pulled my Glock from the back of my pants. 

"What the hell?" Zac yelled, immediately slamming his foot onto the gas, gunning the engine so hard the tires squealed, sending a shower of pebbles behind us as he quickly and expertly cut the wheel toward the truck stop exit. 

The rogue vamp snarled and stepped in front of the car, running directly in front of us. Zac tried to go around him, but the vamp ran toward us, head on. Without thinking, I stretched across Zac, leaning out his driver's window, as he maneuvered the car around me. 
"What the hell?" Zac asked, but still kept driving as I stretched across him and unloaded my clip into the rogue vamp out his window. The vamp fell to the ground. 

“Don't stop, Zac!" I yelled at him as I reloaded. 

"Don't worry, I'm not!" Zac yelled, smiling. "Wow! I'm glad you're on my side!" 

pp. 171-172; "Star, Starland Vamp Series, Book 1"


http://www.amazon.com/Star-Starland-Vamp-Series-ebook/dp/B007AWTK4I/ref=sr_1_1?

No comments:

Post a Comment