Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Join us Tomorrow Night, Aug. 1, for the Re-Release of 
"The Unfaithful Widow" by J.S Wilsoncroft

Here's an excerpt! 

The clock on the kitchen wall said 10:50 p.m. I walked back into the living room to catch the eleven o’clock news since I had slept through the six o’clock.

“BREAKING NEWS TONIGHT!” An announcer said. “A FLIGHT OUT OF PENNSYLVANIA THAT WAS HEADED FOR EUROPE HAS CRASHED SOMEWHERE OVER THE ATLANTIC OCEAN.” I dropped to my knees as I listened to the reporter repeat the breaking news. “DELTA AIRLINE FLIGHT 179 HAS BEEN REPORTED TO HAVE CRASHED SOMEWHERE OVER THE ATLANTIC OCEAN. THERE WERE 223 PEOPLE ON BOARD THIS PLANE. THE US COAST GUARDS ALONG WITH THE MARINES ARE SEARCHING FOR ANY DEBRIS OR BODIES. I REPEAT DELTA AIRLINE FLIGHT 179 HAS CRASHED WITH 223 PEOPLE ON BOARD.”

I dropped to my knees. My heart, stomach and lungs all collapsed at once as I listened to the unimaginable. I stared at the screen trying to breathe when panic set in. I scanned the room for the phone and found it lying on the end table, then quickly dialed Greg's number.

“SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!” I hung up and redialed again. Tears flooded my eyes, making it hard for me to see the numbers. “Please don’t let it be them. Dear God, please don’t let it be them. Please, please!” I pleaded.

p. 176. "The Unfaithful Widow" by J.S. Wilsoncroft! Join us Aug. 1, 6:30-8 p.m. for contests and giveaways! It's almost here! Click below to come to the release party!

http://www.facebook.com/events/425724537466793/


No comments:

Post a Comment